A style blog for the fashionably, socially and financially conscious.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March's Crushes

All throughout February I was a super exercising machine! I have gotten a lot of positive feedback about my formerly pencil-like limbs gaining muscle and definition. It has been so great that I have maintained excitement about working out and about things related to my exercising efforts. As a result, my biggest crushes are again more sporty than posh; but, they are also more practical for everyday than my crushes often are.

I spend a lot of time in LnA's Jane Muscle Tees. They are typical of LnA's loose, comfy style, plus the light fabric and sleeveless cut, make them great for throwing over a sports bra to workout. I got mine from HauteLook, but, now, LnA's website has them for the same $15 price I paid.



I developed a love for Naked Juice's Protein Zone which has 30g of whey & soy protein per bottle (16g per serving) and is made from real fruit with added nutrient "boosts" but no added sugar. It also comes in a 100% recycled bottle. There are two other flavors, but the pina colada flavored original is my favorite.


Watch Instantly. iPhone app. Enough said.


Newly toned and in shape body.


These mesh running shorts from Nike are another new staple in my drawer of exercise clothes. They are breathable and comfortable and just perfect for my daily one mile run.


This Thermos SiPP tritan water bottle that I picked up from Target is great for getting me hydrated. I stuff it full of ice and then fill it with water and drink from it all day. it is BPA-free and environmentally friendly because it eliminates the need to buy bottled water.


After having a twitter account for almost a year and a half, I have finally gotten into actually using it.



After trying (and failing) to drink my water with lemon lemon in it on a regular basis - lemon juice is reported to be very good for the skin - I opted for this sugared version from my favorite juice company. Though it has more sugar than the proper version, it also has more lemon juice. It is 11% lemon juice and, along with my increased water consumption (see above), I am seeing a real difference in my skin. (My favorite zit zapper helps out too).



I've had a real thing for clutch purses for the past several months now and my love for them is just growing stronger by the day. From this bright knockoff of Alexander Wang's Jena Clutch that ShoeDazzle sold in February to benefit American Heart Health month to this Paparazzi magazine clutch that gets noticed every time I carry it to the Pieces studded leather clutch I mentioned in a previous crushes post, I just cannot get enough of them. I say forget the cross-body bag trend! Nothing is as clean and sophisticated as a clutch.



Personal trainer, Marie Purvis, who helped develop the new Nike Training Club app loved by both me and Lea Michele, is a new favorite of mine. She tweets for Nike and is full of amazing info. If you are at all interested in working out, she is definitely worth the follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment