A style blog for the fashionably, socially and financially conscious.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February's Crushes

This past month I have been exercising.  Yes, as much as I hate exercise, I've been super consistent!  As a result, this month's crushes are much more sporty and practical than posh and fashionable.  Though my prediction that all ten would be apps for my iPhone didn't come true, there are a couple of exercise apps on the list.

Zeno Hot Spot heats up to kill acne bacteria to clear up blemishes in much less time.  Combined with the Clearasil Adult Treatment Cream from last month's crush list, I have allies in the battle against my moody hormonal skin.  Find it here
RGB Cosmetics Nail lacquer in Buff is that perfect almond-hued polish that my friends love teasing me about being so addicted to.  It creates a classic mani or pedi that goes well with everything and always looks finished and classy.  Find it here

This foundation primer makes all of the difference in the application of my make-up on those days when I am looking more polished, like my pre-exercise-nut self.  This award winning primer is the product that made the Smashbox brand what it is (even more than the last name the founders inherited from the iconic Max Factor).  Find it here.
My favorite iPhone app these days, Nike Training Club is my own little free personal trainer.  With just a medicine ball, some hand-weights and a jump rope, I have been conditioning and toning for weeks now.  With videos that demonstrate proper form for the exercises and the encouragement of international trainer Marie Purvis on Twitter, you can get the results of working with a personal trainer for no money.  Find it here.
The sophomore album of the Brit with the power-house voice isn't due out until the end of the month, but I've already become addicted to "Rolling In the Deep", "Rumour Has It", "He Won't Go" and "One and Only" from hearing it on NPR's "First Listen".  Find the pre-order here (released in the US on February 22).
While no shave compares to a good wax, this is as close as a girl can get.  With its delectable scent, thick texture, non-aerosol pump action and recyclable bottle, the makers thought of everything.  I also often find 2-for-1 deals on it at Target.  Find it here.
With all of the exercising that I'm doing, it's pretty unreasonably to flatiron my curly hair regularly.  As a result, I'm becoming reacquainted with all of my curly hair care products.  This one is a deep conditioner that gives my curls renewed energy and order.  I already loved the Fresh Curls line from Redken, this product is definitely the star of the line.  Find it here.
Even though the Nike Training Club App mentioned above has cardio workouts, I have been doing a combo of running with Nike+ GPS app and focused toning with Nike Training Club.  It really does make running less of chore, they have awesome support on the Nikeplus Twitter account and makes me much a much more effective runner.  Find it here.
Easy, effective and cute ways to wear my hair while exercising are a new necessity .  These thin headwraps, which come in a multitude of colors and can be found at drugstores, Walmarts and Targets everywhere are perfect for me.  Find them here.
The shorts that I find myself wearing more and more frequently to exercise are these Nike Phantom Training shorts.  The double-layer shorts are a combo of spandex bike shorts and loose running shorts with a fold-over band for more comfort.  Available in a variety of colors and in a Livestrong version.  Find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment