A style blog for the fashionably, socially and financially conscious.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Going Green

After being reminded by a very good friend of my love for navy nails last fall, I started thinking about what nail colors I'm loving the same way this year.  After a spring and summer where I was very much into bright corals, hot pinks, oranges and other bright colors that were part of spring's color palette for fashion designers, I have come to love another jewel tone this fall.  Partially inspired by my best friend's favorite color, I have moved away from the sapphire and navy nails I adored last fall and now have an eye for emerald.

Know that, in going with this color, I am going against the grain this year.  A review a what's available from various brands shows a heavy focus on red- and pink-toned colors and neutrals this year.  As a result, this year's recommendation isn't nearly as easy to find as last year's was.  Going against the grain doesn't bother me though.  I think that it is always a good thing to mix in a little originality with your on-trend fashion choices.  What better way is there to be original than to use an eye-catching nail color that stands out from what every other woman is wearing?

The recommended colors are NARS in Zulu, ULTA in The Jungle Look, essie in Pretty Edgy, China Glaze in Paper Chase, CND in Green Scene and Zoya in Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment